The tax payers of India now have the facility of E-Payment for the direct tax payments online. For the purpose of availing this facility of E payment the tax payer must have the facility of net banking in any one of his bank account. Only the banks have the offer of this facility currently.
• First of all you have to activate the net-banking facility in any of your bank account.
• Then visit the website www.incometaxindia.gov.in and then click over ‘pay taxes on-line’.
• Then you have to fill the online challan as required. The option of help is present over the screen like downloads, FAQ etc.
• Then pay the tax online by the help of net-banking.
• After the above procedure an instant counterfoil of the challan will appear along with the Challan identification number (CIN). You have to mention this CIN on the Income tax return.
• Then get the printout of the counterfoil and also save it to the computer.
• For the purpose of checking the payment confirmation to the income tax department click on https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/servlet/QueryTaxpayer.